Music Industry Entrepreneur and Educator
Teaching people how to be successful entrepreneurs in the Music Industry speaks to my core belief, that creative people need to become CEO’s of their own careers. In today’s highly competitive and saturated climate, one must have a solid understanding of how the business side of the industry operates and interfaces with its creative counterpart.
I have twenty years of experience as a producer, songwriter, engineer, touring musician and entrepreneur. My credits include: Seal, The Killers, Madonna and James Murphy (LCD Soundsystem). My clients include: Universal Music, Warner Brothers, MTV and VH1. As an educator, I have authored online audio courses and served as adjunct faculty, teaching entertainment and media business.
My lectures and workshops are designed to help connect the dots of the Music Industry in a 360 degree fashion. They serve as a valuable compliment to what is being taught in the classroom, providing students and attendees with insights and strategies that are rarely shared by industry professionals.
Face to Face
From the questions asked to the exchanging of ideas, face to face interaction is paramount for a person’s professional development. It’s equally as important that the lecturer have a commanding presence, as well as the ability to keep the audience interested in the subject matter.
As a longtime performer and someone who has years of experience as a public speaker, I have received countless compliments from students, faculty members and workshop attendees that my presentation style and chosen topics are deeply inspiring and well explained.
Recent Speeches & Presentations
- Mixing Techniques: Webster University, Central Region Student Audio Summit, St. Louis, MO, April, 2016.
- Composing for Film: Webster University, Central Region Student Audio Summit, St. Louis, MO, April, 2016.
- Becoming the CEO of Your Career: Vatterott College Ex’treme Institute by Nelly, Speaker Series, St. Louis, MO, September, 2015.
- If I Only Had a Manager: Webinar, July, 2015.
- Studio One Version 3 Launch, Presonus, Baton Rouge, LA, May, 2015
- From Hobbyist to Professional: Webinar, April, 2015.
Vatterott College Ex’treme Institute by Nelly, St. Louis, MO 2016 – Present
- Adjunct Faculty
- Teaching Entertainment and Media Business through comprehensive lesson plans, inspiring outstanding classroom attendance and maintaining all aspects of the student grade book using Canvas software.
Lynda.com, Carpenteria, CA 2011 – 2013
- Course Author
- Developed and authored courses for the audio channel of world-renowned online training company with over 1M members. Courses have been viewed over 100,000 times in 95 different countries.
Seal, Los Angeles, CA 2008
- Musical Director
- Worked as Musical Director for Grammy-Award winning artist, Seal.
Seiren Productions, St. Louis, MO 1999 – Present
- Working as full-time music producer, engineer, composer and songwriter, handling all aspects of producing, recording, mixing and remixing music for major record labels, national television networks and independent artists.
Career Achievements & Highlights
- Engineered Grammy-Nominated Remix: “Quiet Carnival” (Sergio Mendes)
- Co-Composer: “Sean Saves the World” (NBC)
- Contributing Music: “The Emmy’s Red Carpet Show” (ABC)
- International Dance Music Association “Best Remixer” Nominee (2007 & 2008)
- (14) Number One Remixes (Billboard Club Play Chart)
- Voting Member: National Academy of Recording Arts & Sciences (NARAS)
- Voting Member: Audio Engineering Society (AES)
- Spotlight Artist and Producer: PreSonus