Networking and Presenting
- 1 Million Cups: weekly gathering at 9 a.m. of entrepreneurs and community members at Nine Network in Grand Center. Two entrepreneurs present what they are working on and take questions from the audience. No RSVP required.
- Idea Bounce: Washington University’s monthly event to pitch early-stage ideas in two minutes or less followed by networking. Winners receive $100 and a luncheon with the judges to further discuss their ideas.
- StartLouis: a monthly meetup that discusses a variety of issues in the startup community. Events are often geared more towards I.T. but is not exclusive to this area.
- ProductCamp: the premiere event for anyone who builds, designs, markets, or manages a product or service.
- 2nd Thursday: ITEN’s monthly meeting to discuss topical issues in the I.T. community and provide updates on their organization.
- Startup Connection: the largest celebration of entrepreneurship in St. Louis. In 2013, more than 1,000 people attended. This week’s will take place in November along with Global Entrepreneurship Week.
- Start30: an informal gathering of entrepreneurs on Mondays at Three Kings in The Loop.
- Launchcode is bringing developers together with mentors to fill programming jobs in the St. Louis technology market.
Seed Money Competitions
- Arch Grants: $50,000 prizes awarded to early-stage entrepreneurs. No equity taken. Only catch is relocating your startup to the St. Louis area.
- Social Enterprise Innovation Competition: Washington University competition that is targeted for nonprofits developing innovative solutions to social problems.
- Olin Cup: making seed investments in winning companies. Teams must have a Wash U student, alumnus, faculty or staff member.
- gocelerator: competition for young entrepreneurs that provides housing and helps cover day-to-day expenses so you can get on with focusing on your startup.
- Startup Challenge: no-strings-attached cash, top-tier professional services, new office space, and an opportunity to compete in front of all of St. Louis.
Incubators and Accelerators
- Capital Innovators provides tech startups with the funding, resources, and connections they need to reach the next level.
- SixThirty provides tech startups with the funding, resources, and connections they need to reach the next level.
- Ignition Tank develops ideas into successful startups in a saleable way. Our core team launches entrepreneurship to another level.
- Biogenerator is a privately funded, non-profit organization created to facilitate the formation of life science companies in the St. Louis area.